Friday, April 17, 2009

Happy belated Vaisakhi and Tamil New Year

There was a celebration in my college yeterday (Friday), and this was the first time such harmonious feeling came over me. I've been staying in this so called 'multiracial and multicultural' country for 17+ years (or say, since I was born), but have never felt such a wonderful sense of calm and peacefulness I felt that moment.

Oh well, maybe it's just because I'm from Chinese private school, thus having not much chance to interact with other race students. Or maybe not. Maybe it's all because of you-know-who, who likes to classify us into different categories, instead of one nation. Alright, I don't want to talk much about that.

I am not racist. Skin colour is nothing to me but attitude is!
It's all about attitude..!!

Alright alright, seems like I went a bit too far.
Back to the topic.

Ah yes, the celebration was kinda nice. (oh, because there's always free food whenever a celebration is held XD)
and because I'm greedy too, I love food and I like to try X)
and here, I have to agree that food can really bring people together.
(or maybe not, maybe it just applies to those greedy people like me)

Hmm.. the Sikh food on that day was kinda nice but the Tamil food was a bit too sweet.. (will get diabetes one.. serious.. >"<) I like the Sikh drinks, err.. something like yoghurt milk, white in colour. (lol sorry, I don't know the proper name for that, ah, do tell me if you know, thanks.)

Anyway, wanted to take a few photos that day,
but too bad, I did not bring my camera.
So.. nevermind, there's always next time, right? :)

In closing:
Although I don't think there's any Sikh or Tamil reading this post,
still, Happy Belated Vaisakhi and Tamil New Year..!! :)

No comments: